We welcome adult musicians with high school- or college-level ensemble experience. Prospective members are encouraged to attend two rehearsals before scheduling an audition. We rehearse on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm. We are looking for the following instruments:
- Bassoon (alternate)
For the audition prospective members will play one prepared technical and one prepared lyrical excerpt of their choosing for the audition committee, as well as a sight reading excerpt to be provided by the Artistic Director.
The following list of works from past programs is representative of the level of music APO performs:
- Roman Carnival Overture – Berlioz
- Symphony Nr. 7 – Beethoven
- Piano Concerto Nr. 1 – Liszt
- Symphony No. 2 – Hanson
- Star Wars Suite – Williams
- The Hebrides Overture – Mendelssohn
- Symphony Nr. 4 (Italian) – Mendelssohn
- Violin Concerto in E minor – Mendelssohn
- Scheherazade Symphonic Suite – Rimsky-Korsakov
- Polovtsian Dances – Borodin
- Boléro – Ravel
- Capriccio Espagnol – Rimsky-Korsakov
- Die Moldau – Smetana
- Symphony Nr. 9 – Dvořák
If you’re curious to see some of the actual parts, you may visit www.imslp.org.
Interested musicians should fill out the form below.